Want to use Tinder, but don’t want your grandma and your whole high school soccer team to know about it? You’re in the right place! I’ll tell you everything you need to know to use Tinder without Facebook in 2017. So, how to use Tinder without Facebook? So you need to link your Tinder and Facebook accounts. But that doesn’t mean your Facebook friends have to know anything about it. Here’s how.
Step 1: Sign up for Tinder using Facebook.
Step 2: In your Facebook account, change the Tinder App Visibility setting
- At Facebook.com, navigate to your Settings page
- In the list (on the left on desktop), select Apps
- Find Tinder in the list and select it
- Change “App Visibility” to “Only Me”
Step 3: In your Tinder account, turn off Tinder Social
- On Tinder, go to your Settings screen
- Toggle off the setting “Show Me On Tinder Social”
Once you’ve done this, Tinder won’t be able to post anything to Facebook. Your Facebook friends won’t be able to see you on Tinder either. And that’s all there is to using Tinder without Facebook.
Things I Learned from Meeting 100+ Guys on Tinder
- You survive.
- You laugh, a lot…and rarely cry.
- Always talk on the phone first — unless you don’t mind men who sound like women.
- Never go upstairs for “Lebanese coffee”.
- Some guys just like to fight — even ones who write award-winning novels — about peace in the middle east.
- Guys will do almost anything for sex.
- Guys will say almost anything for sex.
- Guys will go to yoga class with you — for sex
- Avoid dinner dates — even if it’s free — because it’s grossly inefficient. Coffee or smoothies are much less risky — and better for your skin.
- Some guys will rely 100% on their accent. I’m like, I’d rather listen to Pitbull (for my Spanish fix) or Craig Ferguson (for British) than you.
- Guys may text you “good morning” often and send you selfies, asking to meet you and cutely answer their own question “say yes” — until you meet, then you’ll hear from them once a week and soon never (aka guys will try so hard to meet you then forget about you).
- “Block” guys instead of unmatching immediately after exchanging contact info even if you like them; this will show you are independent and don’t play games.
- Don’t put pictures that are already online, on Tinder. It’s about safety.
- Don’t make Tinder your only option. Use other methods like these.
- Some people are beyond oblivious. They truly think they can trick you, like say they are 32 years old when they are really 65.
- Banter gets old. Very old.
- Guys generally “want” women five years younger.
- The world is smaller than you think and bigger than you think.
- Iowa Tinder users love Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio.
- There are so so so sooooo many fish in the sea.
- You may surprise yourself and re-prioritize what you look for in a guy.
- You can get some of the best friendships from Tinder.
- There is a new level of boring that I never knew existed.
- Madagascar has people on it.
- Syria has a sex drive.
- The utmost important thing to do is to respect yourself.